PLACES ARE LIMITED TO 50 PARTICIPANTS.
At the end of these presentations, participant will be able to:
Managing lipids in secondary prevention patients at high CV risk- from targets to thresholds and reduced treatment inertia
1. Explain keys updates to the 2021 Canadian Cardiologie Society Dyslipidemia Guidelines for secondary prevention;
2. Understand why we are moving from targets to threshold for treatment intensification;
3. Review the evidence regarding the long term safety and benefit of achieving very low LDL-C in high risk patients;
4. Discuss data for PCSK9 in high cardio-vasculaire risk patients who desire the greatest benefit from these agents.
How evaluate fracture risk and 2022 treatment of osteoporosis
1. Understand the impact of imminent fracture risk;
2. Assess how a change in BMD reflects fracture risk reduction;
3. Assess how risk factor assessment and proper use of fracture risk calculators can help identify high risk patients;
4. Review clinical data on current and new osteoporosis treatments.
Moderator : Dr. Gilles Brouillette. Conferences given by Dr. George Thanassoulis and Dr. Peter Assimakopoulos.
From 6 : 00 pm to 6 : 30 pm, Welcome
From 6 : 30 pm to 8 : 00 pm, Conference
From 8 : 00 pm to 9: 30 pm, Conference
From 9 : 30 pm to 9 : 45 pm, Questions
It is important to register online in order to participate.
To cancel your registration, please contact Mrs. Aline Sabbagh at email@example.com as soon as possible.
If you need any information, please contact Mrs Nadine Grunberg from Amgen Canada at 514 515-3752 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This conference will be held at La Sirène de la mer Restaurant, located at 114 Av. Dresden, Mont-Royal, QC H3P 2B6.
Recognition of Educational Activities
L’Association des médecins omnipraticiens de Montréal, under the aegis of the FMOQ, recognizes 3.00 hours of professional development activity, of category 1, as required by the professional development regulations of the CMQ. The FMOQ number to retrieve your certificate is 83365.
This activity has received an educational subsidy from Amgen Canada.