Conference RESERVED ONLY for the CIUSSS de l'Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal.
PLACES ARE LIMITED TO 25 PARTICIPANTS.
By the end of the conference, the participant will be able to:
Beyond the Numbers: Optimizing Outcome-Modifying Agents in Type 2 Diabetes (CEM 280)
1. Assess antihyperglycemic therapy selection in patients with diabetes based on the Diabetes Canada Clinical Practice Guidelines;
2. Examine individualized therapy based on the patient’s A1C level, weight, and underlying cardiorenal risks;
3. Explore practical considerations for prescribing antihyperglycemic therapies based on safety, dosing, titration, administration, and patient priorities.
Taking Care of the Diabetic Foot
1. Describe the complications of the diabetic foot;
2. Prevent foot ulcers;
3. Explore the treatment options of foot ulcers;
4. Emphasize the importance of glycemic control.
Endocrinology Series: Hyperprolactinemia: Updates For Family Physicians
1. Describe the causes of hyperprolactinemia;
2. List the clinical manifestations of hyperprolactinemia;
3. Discuss the assessment including history, physical examination, and laboratory and imaging studies;
4. Describe the indications, mechanism of action, efficacy, adverse effects, and contraindications for pharmacologic therapy.
Moderator : Dr. Barbara Hogenbirk. Conferences given by Dr. Michael Tsoukas, Mrs. Louise Ullyatt and Dr. Iyad Ksseiry.
From 8:30 to 9:45, Conference
From 9:45 to 10:30, Conference
From 10:30 to 10:45, Break
From 10:45 to 11:45, Conference
It is important to register online in order to participate.
The AMOM recommends that all participants follow the provincial health guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Participants acknowledge and accept the health risks that may be associated with in-person participation and understand that they are solely responsible for assessing their own health and taking appropriate safety measures for their situation.
An attendance list can be sent to the pharmaceutical company after the activity, if requested. By this registration, the general practitioner and/or any other healthcare professional consents to the disclosure of his first and last name to the pharmaceutical company.
The pharmaceutical company agrees not to communicate this information without the consent of the participant.
If you do not want your first and last name disclosed, please contact Ms. Aline Sabbagh at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the activity number.
This conference will be held at the Brunswick Medical Centre, located at 955 Boul. Saint-Jean, Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5K3.
Recognition of Educational Activities
L’Association des médecins omnipraticiens de Montréal, under the aegis of the FMOQ, recognizes 3.00 hours of professional development activity, of category 1, as required by the professional development regulations of the CMQ. The FMOQ number to retrieve your certificate is 85284.
This activity has received an educational subsidy from Novo Nordisk Canada Inc.