PLACES ARE LIMITED TO 40 PARTICIPANTS.
After these conference, the participant will be able to:
Obesity: A Shared Decision
1. Describe the importance of early interventions in weight management;
2. Use communication techniques that facilitate a conversation about weight loss and motivate the patient to make positive lifestyle changes;
3. Apply an effective strategy when there is no response to treatment or weight regain after a certain period of time;
4. Choose the right pharmacological intervention based on the type of patient.
Management of cardiovascular risk beyond lipids
1. Recognize that a CV risk persists, despite the effective reduction of LDL 2;
2. Understand the benefits of the early intensive approach on CV prevention;
3. Examine the new existing data and the particularities of the therapies available for the patients.
Moderator : Dr. Gilles Brouillette. Conferences given by Dr. Alexandro Zarruk.
From 6 pm to 6:30 pm, Welcome
From 6:30 pm to 8 pm, Conference
From 8 pm to 8:30 pm, Conference
This activity will be held at 40 Westt restaurant, located 2305 Route Transcanadienne, Pointe-Claire, Qc H9R 5Z5.
The AMOM recommends that all participants follow the provincial health guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Participants acknowledge and accept the health risks that may be associated with in-person participation and understand that they are solely responsible for assessing their own health and taking appropriate safety measures for their situation.
An attendance list can be sent to the pharmaceutical company after the activity, if requested. By this registration, the general practitioner and/or any other healthcare professional consents to the disclosure of his first and last name to the pharmaceutical company.
The pharmaceutical company agrees not to communicate this information without the consent of the participant.
If you do not want your first and last name disclosed, please contact Ms. Aline Sabbagh at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the activity number.
Recognition of Educational Activities
L’Association des médecins omnipraticiens de Montréal, under the aegis of the FMOQ, recognizes 3.00 hours of professional development activity, of category 1, as required by the professional development regulations of the CMQ. The FMOQ number to retrieve your certificate is 85439.
This activity has received an educational subsidy from Bausch Health Canada and HLS Therapeutics.